These chocolate-dipped peanut butter banana popsicles are ridiculous. Ridiculously good and ridiculously easy to make. Dare I also say that they are healthy? Okay, I can’t say that, but they are definitely better than your traditional ice cream bar. These creamy “nice cream” bars are basically just frozen bananas, if you didn’t know better you would swear it’s the real deal.
These peanut butter banana popsicles alone are delicious, but it is the chocolate dip that really takes them to the next level. You know what I am talking about that hard cracking shell you find on Magnum bars. The hard chocolate shell not only tastes better in my opinion, but it makes the process of dipping and storing less messy and so much easier.
What You’ll Need
- Bananas – Ripe, cut into slices, and frozen. Don’t rush this step, they need to be absolutely frozen. Not kind of frozen, not really cold, but frozen solid. A safe bet is to freeze them overnight OR 2-3 hours in the freezer.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This is completely optional! I added in 2 Tbsp when breaking down the bananas to add sweetness, but I have made these in the past without it.
- Milk or Milk Alternative
- Chocolate Chips – Milk, semi-sweet, or dark. Get chips that don’t have any additional oil added if you can.
- Coconut Oil – I can go all day on this one. Truth be told I HATE coconut, especially coconut oil. There are so many recipes out there that call for coconut oil that I just never made or had to substitute it out. I never understood why, why are we adding the taste of coconut to something that shouldn’t taste like coconut. NO ONE TOLD ME that there is a difference between refined coconut oil and unrefined coconut oil also known as virgin or pure. Unless you are a coconut oil expert, you have probably been using unrefined, it smells and tastes like coconut. If you are like me and do not love the smell and taste of coconuts then choose refined. No taste and no smell.
- Popsicle Mold – I have a few of them, but this one HERE is my favorite.
- Food Processor or Blender
Go on, crack right into it
A Few Extra Tips
- The magic chocolate shell will harden within a few minutes. If you want the shell to be perfect on both sides and not squished hold it up in the freezer for 30 seconds to harden before placing it on parchment paper.
- When you are dipping have a place in the freezer lined with parchment to put each popsicle when done.
- Coat it! Have fun with these and coat these babies in crushed nuts or sprinkles! Just make sure you do it before the chocolate shell hardens.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Popsicles
Creamy peanut butter banana popsicles coated in a cracking magic chocolate shell
- Food Processor or Blender
- 6 Bananas
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Creamy
- 1/4 cup Milk or Milk Alternative
- 2 Tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk *optional for extra sweetness
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips milk, semi-sweet, or dark
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Oil refined
- Cut bananas into slices and freeze until solid, overnight, or 2-3 hours.
- In a food processor or blender add frozen bananas and blend until pieces are small.
- Add peanut butter, milk, and optional sweetened condensed milk. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Split mixture across 10 popsicle molds and freeze overnight.
- For the chocolate dip heat up chocolate chips and coconut oil in a saucepan on low heat stirring constantly. DO NOT WALK AWAY, you don't want the chips to overheat and seize. Once melted remove off the heat and pour into a tall mason jar or container that is deep enough to dip the popsicles. If making the dip right before dipping let it cool to room temp.
- Remove popsicles as per mold instructions, don't rush this.
- One by one dip the popsicles in the chocolate dip. Shake off any excess back in the mason jar or container. From here you can place it on parchment paper in the freezer or hold for a minute until the dip solidifies and then place it in the freezer.
- Popsicles can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 weeks, depending on how cold your freezer is they may get frostbitten after that.
- The 12oz of chocolate covers all 10 popsicles. In the event you have leftover store in an airtight container at room temperature. When ready to use again heat up for 20-30 seconds in the microwave to loosen it up before dipping.