If you follow me on Instagram you have probably seen my garlic chili noodles. Well, consider these Black Bean Garlic Chili Noodles the older more mature cousin. They are quick, simple, and ridiculously good.
Now before I break this down for you, I have to say, I love Asian food. Walk into my pantry and you would be amazed how many Asian pantry staples I have stocked at all times. I in no way claim to cook AUTHENTIC Asian cuisine. What I do love doing however is taking those Asian flavors and making them relatable to people who haven’t had the same exposure.
I’ve been surrounded by these flavors my entire life. I grew up in a primarily Asian town in Queens. To clarify, I was 1 out of 5 kids in my grade who was not Asian. Fast forward Chinatown was practically a second home. Hell, when my husband and I were deciding on where to go on our honeymoon I told him it was mandatory to eat Asian food. So to sum it all up, I love Asian food. It is the one thing I hate about living outside of the city, there is nowhere to get GOOD Asian cuisine or buy the staples I need to make it myself. Super thrilled that I found a solution for the latter. If you haven’t heard of Umamicart, go, visit, fall in love. Umamicart is an online grocery store that brings hundreds of Asian products and ingredients at your fingertips. Consider the pantry officially stocked again.
What You’ll Need
- Garlic – 5 cloves (yea this dish is a breath killer. sorry)
- Soy Sauce
- Fried Chili in Oil- There are so many brands and varieties out there, pick your favorite. I use Laoganma in almost everything.
- Black Bean Garlic Sauce – What is this? It is a paste made from fermented black beans and garlic. It sounds funky, it tastes delicious and it is 100% necessary in this dish.
- Noodles – I used fresh pan-fried noodles. Fresh is always better, but if all you have is instant ramen noodles, throw out the seasoning packet and use those!
- Oil – for frying, sesame.
- Optional Beef – not necessary, but if you want to make this dish more substantial toss in some thinly sliced beef.
That’s it! 9 ingredients, 10 minutes and you just made yourself a delicious meal.
Black Bean Garlic Chili Noodles
- Frying pan
- Saucepan for boiling
- 4 oz Noodles if using fresh, if instant use 1 pack
- 5 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Ginger fresh, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 3 tbs Cilantro finely chopped
Black Bean Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha either Laoganma or another favorite
- 1 tsp Chili in Oil
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Water
- Fill a saucepan with water, when water comes to a boil cook the noodles until done as per packaging.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a bowl and place on the side.
- In a frying pan over medium to low heat add the sesame oil.
- Once oil has heated up put garlic and ginger in and fry on low for 2-3 minutes. DO NOT LET IT BROWN.
- Toss noodles in the garlic ginger oil to coat evenly.
- Add sauce and cilantro to the pan. Turn up the heat to medium and cook the noodles in the sauce for 5 minutes. Toss regularly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!